SRE / Site Reliability Engineer / Backend Engineer
About This Role
This is a software development role, a successful SRE will research, design, implement and test architectures and infrastructures that are related to the availability, scalability and performance of our cloud services. A successful SRE must also teamwork with the rest of the R&D team to understand the product, provide feedback for the design and implementation of our cloud infrastructure and CI/CD pipeline. Appaegis provides competitive salary and benefit. As the tradition of Silicon Valley start-ups, all our employee are in our stock option plan. The engineer will be the one creates the framework to operate and monitor our cloud operation.
Appaegis Inc. is a Silicon Valley VC backed, cyber security start-up based in Silicon Valley USA, founded by seasoned entrepreneurs with successful track records. We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our research and development team in Taipei. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software engineering and will develop and operate Appaegis world-wide cloud architecture, ensuring the responsiveness and stability of applications and working alongside other engineers for successful cloud operation.
- Oversee availability, performance, scalability and security of our cloud infrastructure.
- Create and maintain monitoring infrastructure and applications, for our service and products.
- Develop mechanism to enhance scalability, support high-availability and allow graceful fail-over for the product and services.
- Monitor and enhance security of our product and service, perform security patch and update.
- Establish process, framework as well as document of our operation meet compliance requirements.
- Collect metric and develop mechanism to alert for human intervention.
- Develop playbook for incidents.
**Not hiring foreigners
- English: Intermediate.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering related.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- In-depth knowledge in deployment and management with Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience in AWS, GCP, or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in DevOps of AWS or other public cloud operation.
- Familiarity with well-architected AWS cloud operation frameworks for production.
- Proficiency with automation language such as CloudFormation, Terraform, ansible.
- Familiarity with popular technology such as ELK stack, SQL, Redis etc.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
Taipei, Daan District